- Earth System Science (ESS)
- Earth's Matter
- Energy and the Earth System
- Earth's Biosphere
- Earth's Climate
- Home and National Security
- Fresh Water and Food Security
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity Impacts
- Public Health
- Economic Impacts
Science of Learning
- Processes of Teaching & Learning
- STEM Learning Environments
- Learning Objectives
- Communities and Cultures
Radiation Energy Outflow (Greenhouse Effect)
Heat energy radiates from the Earth system. This radiating energy passes through the atmosphere on its way to outer space. Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as water vapor and carbon dioxide, absorb this heat energy and make the planet warmer. By increasing the amounts of heat-trapping gases, humans are changing Earth’s climate.
ResourceA document, website, curriculum or other kind of content that provides useful information related to climate education.
Displaying all 4 related resources.
Key IdeaAn important idea that is explained well in a Resource that is part of this website.
Displaying all 5 related key ideas.