- Earth System Science (ESS)
- Earth's Matter
- Energy and the Earth System
- Earth's Biosphere
- Earth's Climate
- Home and National Security
- Fresh Water and Food Security
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity Impacts
- Public Health
- Economic Impacts
Science of Learning
- Processes of Teaching & Learning
- STEM Learning Environments
- Learning Objectives
- Communities and Cultures
Ocean Thermal Energy
Thermal energy flows within the Earth system from the warmer equatorial areas toward the poles. Earth’s oceans play an important role in circulating this heat energy. The oceans also store huge amounts of heat energy. Patterns of ocean heat storage and heat circulation determine many climatic conditions around the planet.
ResourceA document, website, curriculum or other kind of content that provides useful information related to climate education.
Displaying all 2 related resources.
Key IdeaAn important idea that is explained well in a Resource that is part of this website.
Displaying all 2 related key ideas.