- Earth System Science (ESS)
- Earth's Matter
- Energy and the Earth System
- Earth's Biosphere
- Earth's Climate
- Home and National Security
- Fresh Water and Food Security
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity Impacts
- Public Health
- Economic Impacts
Science of Learning
- Processes of Teaching & Learning
- STEM Learning Environments
- Learning Objectives
- Communities and Cultures
Solar Energy Input
The vast majority of Earth’s energy comes from the Sun. This solar energy arrives mainly as visible light. About 70% of the incoming solar energy is absorbed and heats the planet. The other 30% is immediately reflected back to outer space and does not heat the planet.
ResourceA document, website, curriculum or other kind of content that provides useful information related to climate education.
Displaying all 2 related resources.
Key IdeaAn important idea that is explained well in a Resource that is part of this website.
Displaying all 3 related key ideas.