Resource Overview of Sea Level Rise in the USAPI
- Vetting Authority:
- Art Sussman
- This 12-page overview resource produced by PCEP describes the causes and consequences of sea level rise, with an emphasis on the communities of the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Islands. It includes sections on:
What is sea level? How has sea level been changing?
What causes the planet's sea level to rise?
What do we know about tides in the Pacific Islands?
What do we know about how winds affect sea levels in the Pacific Islands?
What do we know about how storms and tsunamis affect sea levels in the Pacific Islands?
What kinds of damage do high sea levels cause in the Pacific Islands?
How can people in the Pacific Islands adapt to the impacts of rising sea levels?
- Dr. Charles "Chip" Fletcher and Dr. Art Sussman
AuthorsName of an author associated with this resource
- Resource Type:
- Overview/Summary Document
- Grade Levels:
- Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12, College
- Climate Impacts, Home/Nation Impacts: Sea Level, Water/Food Impacts: Sea Level, Ecosystems/Biodiversity Impacts: Sea Level, Public Health Impacts: Sea Level, Economy Impacts: Sea Level
- Related Locations:
- Hawaii, American Samoa, Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI), Guam, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Republic of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Yap
Related LocationsOne of the 11 major political entities within the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Island (USAPI) region.