Resource PCEP Climate Education Framework: Grades K-12 Organized by Grade Span
- Vetting Authority:
- Art Sussman
- This resource contains the most recent draft of the Climate Education Framework (CEF) used to guide the PCEP climate education work in USAPI. It describes the expectations for the science knowledge and skills that regional students should have from kindergarten through high school. This version is organized by Grade Span. There is another version with the same information that is organized by Topics.
Collaboratively developed, the CEF draws extensively from current national initiatives in science education and climate education, and is also contextualized for the tropical Pacific islands.
AuthorsName of an author associated with this resource
- Resource Type:
- Regional/National Standards or Framework
- Publication Date:
- Grade Levels:
- Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12
- Climate Science, Earth System Science (ESS), Climate Impacts, Earth's Matter, Energy and the Earth System, Earth's Biosphere, Earth's Climate, Science of Learning, Home and National Security, Fresh Water and Food Security, Ecosystems and Biodiversity Impacts, Public Health, Economic Impacts, Learning Objectives, USAPI Region Learning Objectives
- Related Locations:
- Hawaii, American Samoa, Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI), Guam, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Republic of Palau, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, Yap
Related LocationsOne of the 11 major political entities within the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Island (USAPI) region.