Organization Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
- Vetting Authority:
- Art Sussman
- Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Commonwealth Utilities Corporation (CUC) is a semi-autonomous public corporation in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) that has the authority to;
* produce and distribute power;
* treat, transmit, store, distribute; and
* sell drinking water and collect, treat, and sell or dispose of wastewater
CUC is responsible for the construction, maintenance, operation and regulation of all CNMI Utility Services. The Commonwealth Utility Corporation (CUC) provides Power, Water and Sewer to the islands of Saipan, Tinian and Rota. The Commonwealth Utilities Corporation is dedicated to providing reliable, environmentally sensitive and efficient Power, Water, and Wastewater Treatment services for the people of the CNMI at the lowest reasonable cost while providing safety to the public, employees, and the community.
NOTE: Both this organization and PCEP are members of the Pacific Climate Information System (PaCIS) network. However, participation of Commonwealth Utilities Corporation in the PCEP network has not yet been formalized.
LocationOne of the 11 major political entities within the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Island (USAPI) region.
Displaying 1 related location.
||Relationship with USA
Contributing SourceContent originates from either the Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), from other sources vetted by WestEd (WestEd) or by the Pacific Islands Climate Education Partnership (PCEP), or from self-reported (and non-vetted) material entered directly by users/members.
Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)