Organization National Park Service: Pacific Island Network
- Vetting Authority:
- Art Sussman
- National Park Service: Pacific Island Network
- Hawaii National Park
- PCEP Organization Roles:
- K-12 Education, Multicultural Expertise, Science Education Expertise, Community Services, Environmental Protection/Climate Impact Services
- The Inventory and Monitoring Program is a major component of the National Park Service’s strategy to improve park management through greater reliance on scientific information. The Pacific Island Network (PACN) is one of 32 National Park Service Inventory & Monitoring networks of national parks linked by geography and shared natural resource characteristics.
Spanning islands in American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana archipelago, and Hawaii, the Pacific Island Network encompasses an area as large as the continental United States. The islands and near-shore marine areas within the National Park system protect a wealth of the planet's aquatic, and terrestrial biodiversity, unique geologic features, and historic and cultural sites. Isolated from the continental land-masses, these federally protected areas share similarities, including threats from invasive species, limited land area, and finite resources inherent on islands.
Pacific Island Network parks:
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
* American Memorial Park
State of Hawaii
* Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail
* Haleakala National Park
* Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
* Kalaupapa National Historical Park
* Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park
* Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
* Puukohola Heiau National Historic Site
* World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument
Territory of American Samoa
* National Park of American Samoa
Territory of Guam
* War In The Pacific National Historical Park
NOTE: Both PACN and PCEP are members of the Pacific Climate Information System (PaCIS) network. However, participation of PACN in the PCEP network has not yet been formalized.
LocationOne of the 11 major political entities within the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Island (USAPI) region.
Displaying all 4 related locations.